MENU

Slide

#TheLuckiestChickReviews: Sulwhasoo award-winning serum!

Thursday, July 09, 2015

Do you know that Ginseng is the most cherished ingredient for Korean women's beauty?
I've personally never been to Korea (it's in my bucket list, and I want to go there soon soon soon! I think i will buy afew luggage worth of makeup and skincare back home hahaha) but i've always known that people would go to Korea to buy Ginseng cos in Korea it's pretty cheap and are also of high quality!

nadnut and I was recently invited to check out Sulwhasoo 100th global store, and the first flagship store in the ASEAN region at Capitol Singapore- you know, that gorgeous hitorical building opposite Raffles City?

Other than being able to get Sulwhasoo products at the flagship store, they also provide beauty programs (price of Sulwhasoo beauty programs starting from S$100 - S$280) at their beauty cabins, i would love to try one of their beauty programs one of these days!


I've heard of Sulwhasoo and saw them at the airport/departmental store previously, but i've never actually tried their products previously even though i've heard good reviews about their products such as the First Care Activating Serum EX!

This award winning product has retained it's No. 1 position on the bestseller list for the past 18 YEARS since it's debut, crazy or not? Must try!


The media kit is so so sooooo gorgeous!



I was hesitant to try their products previously, because I'm usually not a fan of the ginseng smell, because it just so.. oh-so-oriental to me. So far I've tried the Sulwhasoo Basic Kit for a week (consisting of the Essential Balancing Water, First Care Activating Serum EX, Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Cream)

I was experiencing some craaaaazy ass breakouts on my cheeks and chin previously when i was on a vacation in Bangkok for a week (it was way way way too hot there!) before i started testing these Sulwhasoo products, and I felt that it really helped calm down my skin! I definitely wouldn't say that my skin is perfect now, but at least it has stopped breaking out and is in it's normal state now haha

The smell wise, I'm quite surprised by myself but i feel like i'm starting to enjoy it. The Essential Balancing Water and award-winning First Care Activating Serum EX actually smells really nice to me right now!

Upon application both the Essential Balancing Water and First Care Activating Serum EX gets absorbed into the skin pretty quickly, and leaves my skin hydrated and feeling fresh.



Because i have oily skin, I'm not using the emulsion but I'm actually using the Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Cream in my under eye area in place of an actual eye cream, I don't know if it's my own imagination, but i feel that my eye area is much more hydrated and my fine lines in the inner corner of my eyes are not as pronounced as before! 

I'll continue to use it on my eyes and see how it goes! :P



But for now, I think i would definitely purchase these 3 items from the basic range when i run out!
 


Sulwhasoo Boutique
Opening hours - 1030am to 10pm
Capitol Building 
15 Stamford Road #01-72/73 S(178906)

Sulwhasoo is also available at Tangs Orchard, Tangs Vivocity, 
Robinson The Heeren and Takashimaya.


Fidelis Toh | TheLuckiestChick ♥

1 comment:

Stephaine said...

I like Sulwahsoo, thank you for the review